National Homebrew Competition
The application window for the 2014 National Homebrew Competition is open, and closing rapidly, on February 2!
The American Homebrew Association is changing things up this year, requiring AHA members to pre-apply before submitting their entries.
Registration is only open to AHA members, so have your member number handy when registering.
Special Hops Facebook Group
The Special Hoperations Facebook Group has been resurrected! Please join and participate in the social fun. We still have the Facebook Page as well. What’s the difference, you ask?
The Page is the public face of the group. The Group is closed and only open to members. It’s a place to post pics and discussion threads that you really only want to have between members.
Judges & Stewards Needed
The entry window for the Best Florida Beer Championships is in its final day, but there is still a need for stewards and judges!
If you would like to volunteer for either position, fill out the Judge & Steward Registration Form.
Schedule of judging:
- Round 1, Part 1: February 9 at Pair O’Dice Brewing
- Round 1, Part 2: February 15 & 16 at Florida Avenue Brewing
- Best of Show and Awards Ceremony: February 22 at Yuengling Brewing
Membership Has Its Privileges
If you have not taken the time to officially join Special Hoperations or pay your dues for this year, please take a moment to do so. It’s only $20/person, $25/couple for the entire year.
As a member in good standing, you will reap many benefits:
- Opportunities to pour your homebrew at events, where you will gain free admission and $25 reimbursement from the club for ingredients
- Discounts at local establishments, including Southern Brewing, Datz and Cigar City
- Enter a drawing to win a free pint or two at each meeting
- Be a part of the coolest homebrew club in the history of homebrew clubs
Special Hops T-Shirts Online
We have Special Hoperations t-shirts available for sale on Hopcloth! There are men’s and women’s cuts available in several colors and styles. Join the Legion.